skip to content

The silly bit: Toilet humour

An Austrian man was injured in an explosion in his bathroom. The victim locked the door, sat on the toilet, and turned on the light, when suddenly there was a blue flash and a loud bang. The force of the explosion was so strong that it pulled the door panel from the door frame, and the door blew open. The wife of the victim brought her husband to the district hospital in Lienz, which noted first and second degree burns on the head and thighs. Fire-fighters said a leak from an aerosol can of air freshener fuelled the explosion. That is why well-informed safety engineers do not use air-fresheners, and always turn on the light before closing the door.

The above report is reproduced from the Hazards Intelligence newsletter, HInt, with kind permission from Cris Whetton of ility Engineering.

Image: clambert

Coded with valid XHTML, CSS and tested for WCAG Priority 2 Conformance.

Powered by Website Baker, web design and development by Web Growth Consulting ltd